“The essence of Earth is the way of stability and resilience. It is oneness with one’s inner strength, with the power of the stones themselves.” – Tao of Shinsei
Earth is the strongest and most resistant of the Elements, the inner strength that turns back illness and corruption, the bodily vigor that lets a warrior continue on in the face of pain and injury. It is the power of the earthquake and the eternal stillness of the land itself. The essence of Earth strengthens a samurai’s resolve, imbues his armor, lends weight to his blows. It is the searing purity of jade and the unbending will of the Seven Thunders. It is the least mobile of the Elements, but perhaps also the most powerful.
The Book of Earth is the second in a series of elemental sourcebooks for the Legend of the Five Rings Role-playing Game, books that explore the themes of each of the five elemental Rings. The Book of Earth explores the many aspects of samurai life that center on the Earth Ring and its aspects. From the quiet, stolid fortresses that stand quietly against the force of the Empire’s enemies to the crushing violence of a tetsubo, every aspect of the eternal essence of Earth will be examined.
In this book you will find:
- Extensive information on heavy weapons and the fighting traditions associated with them, as well as Rokugani armor and the Empire’s traditional wrestling form: sumai.
- A detailed discussion of Rokugani castle design, construction, and siege warfare.
- The power of Earth magic in all its aspects: protection, fortification, purity, and the magic of animals and nature.
- New Earth-centered Kiho and new monastic orders associated with Earth.
- The Lair, a detailed Earth-themed campaign setting that can be inserted into any L5R game.
- And much more!
Draw your blade and join the fight for Rokugan.
Hardcover 216 pages[/tab] [tab]Release Date: December 10
SKU: AEG 3310