In the distant Colonies, once known as the Ivory Kingdoms, the samurai of Rokugan gather the resources the Empire needs to survive. Threatened by unknown enemies and pitted against one another in politics and economics, will their honor and steel prove strong enough for the Second City to survive?
Embers of War is the brand new expansion for the fan-favorite Legend of the Five Rings Collectible Card Game from AEG. It follows the release of Emperor Edition, the new base set, in February 2012. Now that peace has settled and the riches of the new land conquered by the Empress’ forces are discovered, new alliances and rivalries are formed, both on the mainland and the Colonies. Who will benefit the most?
- Featuring Lion, Spider and Unicorn Clan starter decks.
- 159 total new cards legal for the Emperor Arc, including 2 exclusive fixed cards and a theme-oriented Stronghold in each Starter Deck.
- Amazing art from acclaimed artists in the industry, bringing life to both the characters and the land of the Emerald Empire.
- The beginning of a new conflict between Clans, far from the eyes of the Empress, as they discover immense treasures and resources in the Colonies.
The Embers of War Preview cycle will start on Monday, April 2nd and will run for 30 consecutive days! The expansion will become tournament legal 30 days after the set is pre-released to the stores, making it legal June 2nd. Also be sure to check Clan fan sites and the L5R Facebook Group for more previews.
- 84 cards (includes 4 rares)
- 1 Rulesheet
- 7 common cards
- 3 uncommon cards
- 1 rare card
Release Date: May 14, 2012
Pre-Release Date: May 4th, 2012
- SKU: AEG 16100
- ISBN: 7-29220-16100-0
- MSRP: $83.94
- 6 starters per display (2 of each Lion, Spider, Unicorn)
- SKU: AEG 16110
- ISBN: 7-29220-16110-9
- MSRP: $181.92
- 48 boosters per display