Alderac Entertainment Group (AEG) has assumed a leadership role in the gaming industry that strongly relies on our community. Sponsored events, official discussion forums, staff who remain accessible to the customer base, and the interactive nature of our games all speak to this. Accordingly, while AEG is dedicated to providing a superb product to its customers, it is also committed to promoting standards of responsible behavior among community members.
AEG holds the following Code of Conduct as a standard for its gaming communities, whether in person or online. This Code underlies, but does not replace, the more specific set of floor rules and sanctions for official tournaments.
Code of Conduct
What you can and should do:
- Have fun!
- Be polite and treat others with respect.
- Make friends.
- Enjoy the game(s) for being games and don’t take losses, judges decisions, or design decisions, personally
- Immerse yourself into the setting of the environment (Rokugan for example!) to increase your appreciation for the game.
- Familiarize yourself with the game rules and Floor Rules of a given game, and if you have questions do not hesitate to ask for clarification.
- Once again, have fun!
What you shouldn’t do:
- Do not harass, abuse, bully, scream at, or threaten others, or encourage others players to do so.
- Do not encourage harm or violence against people, or promote self-harm in any manner.
- Do not give out personal information pertaining to yourself or other persons unless you have a specific reason to do so e.g. you are subscribing to the Imperial Assembly.
- Do not create or share any content that is offensive or discriminatory. This includes anything based on the following: Race, Ethnicity, National Origin, Language, Gender, Age, Disability, Veteran Status, Religion, Marital Status, Sexual Orientation or Expression.
Regarding Illegal Activities:
- Follow all appropriate laws, rules, and regulations of the geographic area you are in.
- Do not encourage anyone to break any laws, rules, and regulations.
- Report any illegal conduct, by any person(s), to the appropriate authorities in a timely manner.
Regarding Forum/Online Behavior:
- Familiarize yourself with the rules of the AEG webpages and forums, and follow them.
- Likewise, know and respect the rules of any volunteer or fan-run forums related to AEG games and products.
- Be respectful of other players, and of the Moderators who take the time to manage the online boards.
- Give public feedback on games and events in a way that aims to improve the experience for those taking part.
Many problems can be avoided just by remembering “The Golden Rule” – treat others as you’d like to be treated!
But most of all, have fun!